View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 11:31 PM   #19
KevinJ

Default Re: Request for Clearer Spell Writeups

Quote:
Originally Posted by zot View Post
Maybe this is obvious, but I'd like to request that the new spell writeups have a format that clearly indicates the cost, duration, and any other requirements at the top, before the prose.
I use:
Name (type) [ST cost]: Description.

Blur (T) [1/1]: This defensive spell makes the subject harder to see/hear/smell; -4 DX of all attacks/spells targeting the subject.

Detect Magic (T) [1]: Cast on a single item or person, it reveals the presence of magic enchantment or active spells. It does not reveal what the spell or enchantment is, though. NOTE: The GM makes the roll against the Caster’s adjDX, not the player.

Illusory Guise (T) [1/1]: Similar to the normal illusion spell, the Illusory Guise creates an illusion on the subject (can include the caster) that lasts for 12 rounds. The spell follows all rules for illusions, including disbelief.

Drop Weapon (T) [1 or 2]: Makes the victim drop the object held in one hand – a weapon, shield, potion, or other item, but it will not make a ring or amulet drop off. ST cost is 1; 2 if the victim’s ST is 20+.

Guiding Star (S) [4]: This spell uses the Stars to navigate through the wilderness or seas. It does not give a distance but will show the direction to a known target.
The spell operates by mystically increasing the brightness of a star in the right direction and altering the color to make it stand out. Only the caster sees the change. Success gives the direction. Failure gives nothing. Critical Failure gives an erroneous direction. The spell only works so long as there are Stars in the sky that are not obscured by daylight, clouds, or weather. The target, be it a person or place, must be known to the caster.

I have reworded some spells for clarity. Hmmm... I should probably add something about range from the caster in Illusory Guise.