View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #9
Skarg

Default Re: Dealing with Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
So now I'm curious as to how folks plan to reconcile the new allowance for characters purchasing lesser wishes using XP. Those have to come from demons as well right? And since those will potentially be much more commonplace, will you have the corrupting nature of demons influence those wishes or will they remain fairly benign?
No, they don't have to come from Demons.

I would say that "wishes" gained with XP are a different thing with a subset of the Demon wish's power, which represent the character's experience/ability/genius/whatever to do inspired things or gain insights, etc.

I would let them do abilities 2, 3, and 5, but not 1 or 4, as those can be way too surreal and can't be explained the way I just did if they are used in extreme cases, e.g.:

1) I aim for the head of the king/dragon/whatever from extreme range, in darkness, and/or through many intervening figures, but I use my Wish to roll a 3 and do triple damage.

4) I have massive injuries but I wish it away - guess it was "just a flesh wound".

I would allow a reduced version of both, however:

1) If you want a particular roll result and wish for it in advance, I'll let you re-roll for it twice rather than just once, but you can't just specify a 3.

4) I might allow some exceptional healing if it's limited to maybe 1/2 your ST, or enough to change a lethal wound you just received to a "your ST is just down to 0".
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote