View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 06:43 AM   #2
Anaraxes

Default Re: What is the name of this limitation?

No Legs would be a Temporary Disadvantage while the Insubstantial was on. In this case, it would of course apply to the projection, not the real body (which is unconscious, and thus already immobile).

A Temporary Disad provides a Limitation discount based on the cost of the regular version of the Disad. See B115.

I think for this case, Sessile is more extreme than what you want. It would mean that the projected form couldn't move _at all_ under its own power. It would have to be carried by some other character, a bit problematic if it's insubstantial. (And note the RAW examples are a tree or a building, something that requires "considerable effort", not just something that's easily portable, like a rock or hand weapon. The anchor point wouldn't really move with your target person, which I assume is the intent.)

Does Possession or Clairsentience represent what the projected form is supposed to be able to do? What about Warp (especially if you can instantly appear at your target person)? There's a few ways to build "astral projection", depending on how you see the capabilities of the astral form.

I'd be tempted to borrow the "Anchored" Limitation from Warp; see the "Projection" rules on Powers 58 (under "Jumper"). Say you can move about in a 10-yard range from your anchor, to match the default sensory range for Clairsentience.

Last edited by Anaraxes; 10-23-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote