View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #21
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DF Mega-Dungeon Game for a Convention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter V. Dell'Orto View Post
Probably about an hour, sometimes longer. It depends how many people say "Oh yeah, I wander to buy some Fine Dwarven Plate Armor, I don't know how much that is or how much it weighs. If they have it, I need to re-do encumbrance" or "we hire some laborers" or whatever else they do. It should take 5 minutes, it always takes 10-15 times that long. I use that time to get my stuff together so I don't get frustrated.
You can do that as part of the pre-gen. Including those with rumour gathering:

"The rumours have already been gathered, but are only available if you choose a character who could have gathered them. Once you've decided on a character for sure, I'll give you the info and where its from."

For equipment, they'll be happy if you just say no, or give a simplified list of options: he can have a really nice sword, or really nice armor, or he can have tons and tons of adventuring crud (ladders, flaming oil, pintons, manacles, 11 foot poles...) don't let them focus on stats, let them focus on feel.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote