Thread: House Rules
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 06:26 PM   #28
William

Default Re: House Rules

Following some consideration of Marches combat in GURPS In Nomine, I would recommend what is not exactly a house rule, but perhaps a wise setting element: since Ethereal Charm drastically reduces Songs, Lucid Dreaming skills, and mental combat skills (although not raw damage or Move, but these are bad enough), the first mover in a Marches Combat seemed likely to be able to land an irresistible first strike. It has been proposed in out-of-game discussion that most Ethereal Domains, therefore, employ "physical" mind-combat, with ST, DX, and HT mattering as stats. (This rule will not be employed in my game, since character creation is already long since passed.)

An additional countermeasure would be making one-shot, high-skill relics of Ethereal Charm (with a lot of negative Features: trackable, obviously a relic, noisy disturbance) being fairly frequent -- this being somewhat more workable in my game, after discussion with my players I may have it widely available.

Some additional house rules I did not mention earlier include the nonexistence of Coffins of Undeath (breaks the concept of undeath for me to have it be unwilling), and the Divine Logic attunement (seems unangelic).
William is offline   Reply With Quote