View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 03:44 PM   #8
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week: Amphibious, Aquatic and Semi-Aquatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
I think it has to do with skill use penalties as well... but sadly I cannot seem to find these penalties!

I've got physical copies of the Basic Set, and both before writing the original post (half of it done the night before, the other done this morning) and again now, I cannot seem to find these rules. Being Semi-Aquatic inverses the movement rates for movement above and below the surface of the water with land based movement, but you suffer the usual penalties to skills usage in the water... and apparently this is considered "even". Being fully Aquatic without any additional restrictions (fins, oars, sales, etc. that cannot be armored or inability to dive) may mean no land move at all (and full move in the water), but apparently you have no skill penalty on land or in the water, which is why that is supposed to even out.

If someone would like to help me out by telling me where to look for rules about doing anything in/underwater than actually Swimming (including "lifesaving") or Aerobatics and rules about, I'd appreciate it. I mean, what I just listed I can find; I can't find things like penalties for underwater combat (or any other non aquatic-use specific skill).
Pyramid #3/26 has, I think, the closest thing to complete underwater action rules you'll find.