View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
juris

Default Re: Repair Questions

Just an illustration of how repairing a vehicle needs to be simplified - it shouldn't require a spread sheet.

My take on electronics: If it doesn't have separate DP (like a solar panel as opposed to a fire extinguisher or a targeting computer) then it is destroyed along with the power plant (unless you have a surge protector as you mentioned). Easy to apply and understand.

Anything that can't be repaired has no salvage value. Maybe not realistic b/c you could still use damaged tires to build roads etc but... this is Car Wars not Sim Apocalypse. Besides, a 6 DP solid tire still weighs 75 lbs so who would want that? I'd rather have normal BA than a 3DP suit of IBA (IBA restricts movement, GE, etc). If you really want you can elect not to throw that stuff away and keep using it, but no one is going to buy it.

Ramplate - The most expeditious thing to do is to say that a ramplate that is not destroyed is still there - you just have to repair the front armor normally. If all the front armor is destroyed so is the ramplate and you have to replace it. Same with brushcutters etc.

Dischargers - They don't need to be installed I always assumed they were just glued on (or the sci-fi equivalent of glue heh).

They really need to address the issue of repair cost in 6e. Who cares about realism. The cost to repair (and sell) should be something like half the original cost, period. No percentages.

Or you can try to figure out this gem from the 2.5e Compendium, p. 73:

A vehicle or component may be sold for salvage. Salvage value is
(original cost - repair cost). Damaged parts may be bought for this
value, or sold for half this value.

???
juris is offline   Reply With Quote