View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
Nikas_Zekeval

Default Re: Repair Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammulder View Post
So after a couple recent threads, I've been fiddling with repair scenarios.

This led me to a question I posted elsewhere and another in the same vein -- can you sell a shot-up tire or shot-up body armor for the usual salvage value? For instance, if an HD tire or IBA took 3 points of damage, normally the salvage value would be 50% of the original cost and you could sell it for 25% of the original cost. There's some sense in that -- the material is still worth something, even if for recycling, and in any case some tire or body armor is still better than none!
Unfortunantely scrap value is never very much. Given we still have mountians of used tires I suspect in 2060 you'd make more turning them into sneakers soles.

Quote:
Anyway, here's another one. How do you calculate the cost to repair armor when there's a ramplate? The description of a ramplate says it's destroyed when the front armor is destroyed, which seems to suggest it's totally separate -- it is no more expensive to repair front armor that has a ramplate than to repair front armor without a ramplate -- except that if ALL the front armor is destroyed, you must pay to replace the ramplate too. And the same for brushcutters, bumper spikes, etc.
I see body blades, spikes, and ramplates as special treatments and shapings to the armor. You effectively pay to have it scuplted and hardened. So when all the armor is gone, so is all that work.

Quote:
Dischargers: if used, I assume you can simply mount a new one. If destroyed by incoming fire, does the wreckage need to first be salvaged/removed like other destroyed components before they can be replaced?
I see dischargers as being bolted or glued to the body, and possibly a scrambled wireless detonator set up in the cockpit. Not sure if you scrape off the old one, or have a holder attached and slot a new charge in.
Nikas_Zekeval is offline   Reply With Quote