View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
ammulder

Default Repair Questions

So after a couple recent threads, I've been fiddling with repair scenarios.

This led me to a question I posted elsewhere and another in the same vein -- can you sell a shot-up tire or shot-up body armor for the usual salvage value? For instance, if an HD tire or IBA took 3 points of damage, normally the salvage value would be 50% of the original cost and you could sell it for 25% of the original cost. There's some sense in that -- the material is still worth something, even if for recycling, and in any case some tire or body armor is still better than none!

Anyway, here's another one. How do you calculate the cost to repair armor when there's a ramplate? The description of a ramplate says it's destroyed when the front armor is destroyed, which seems to suggest it's totally separate -- it is no more expensive to repair front armor that has a ramplate than to repair front armor without a ramplate -- except that if ALL the front armor is destroyed, you must pay to replace the ramplate too. And the same for brushcutters, bumper spikes, etc.

And on electronics: many electronic items are noted as destroyed when the power plant is destroyed (Targeting Computers, Radar Jammer, Autopilot, Computer Gunner, etc.). Many do not have any similar notes (Bollix, ATAD, Computer Navigator, etc.). Do you think that's intentional or an oversight? That is, should all electronic-y equipment need to be replaced when the power plant is destroyed unless otherwise noted (modulo surge protector), or only the items where it's specifically noted? One wrinkle is a handful of items that note that they stop working (as opposed to are destroyed) when the power plant is destroyed -- IRSS, Radar Detector, and Radar.

Dischargers: if used, I assume you can simply mount a new one. If destroyed by incoming fire, does the wreckage need to first be salvaged/removed like other destroyed components before they can be replaced?
ammulder is offline   Reply With Quote