View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #24
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: DJ's Gaming Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdvana View Post
I don't see any mention of First Aid. Where does that fall into the picture in your house rules?
That would be a low level of Diagnosis and Physician. You can use those for tasks with a bonus for being easy. In addition, you might have a technique for the sorts of tasks EMTs perform.

The way I imagine this working is that an EMT has a low level of Physician, and gets an unfamiliarity penalty for most of the things a doctor would use that skill to do, but not first-aid skills, and he's also doing things that get a large bonus for being easy, and also a small equipment bonus as well.

I've been working on those familiarity rules that are supposed to go with these rules to add variability, but I've been working on those for at least a year. Part of my goal with reducing the number of skills was to cut down on bookkeeping. It's difficult to come up with familiarity rules that don't add that back in. Perhaps it would be best to have the GM use his own judgment when assessing those penalties. I do think familiarity should apply to tasks, not just equipment as per the RAW.

My blog.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote