View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
lastlostboy

Default Ghoulfiends Question, Fighting with another monster in play.

Ok, so I was playing munchkin with some friends tonight. Pretty much everyone was at level 9 so it was just a matter of time.

One player (lvl 9, lots of equipment) drew a really low level monster, someone else gave the monster a bonus and I threw out a Ghoulfiends with a wandering monster card. The ghoulfiends say that you have to beat them with only your level.

To win a fight against more then one monster you have to be able to beat their combined levels.

He said that he could beat the ghoulfiend with his level 9 vs 8, and then could kill the lowbie using his items.

To me it seems like that means breaking them up into a fight one on one instead of combining them.

I feel like because you can't use your items to attack the ghoulfiend, you can't use them to attack the other monster.

He said that would make the fight impossible to win, and that they aren't supposed to be impossible, you're supposed to be able to win fights either with level or items.

So we argued in a typical munchkin fashion over the vague rules, in the end he got a lvl 9 elf to help him and they both won.

Does anyone else have an opinion on monster effects when facing more then one?
lastlostboy is offline   Reply With Quote