View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 12:30 AM   #1
DAT

Default Help with a Multi-Limb Robot Build

The concept I’m building is a multi-limbed combat robot for a PC.

The robot is to have:
4 dedicated legs,
3 arms that are weapon mounts,
and
2 limbs that can be legs (for extra move) or arms with manipulators (for loading/servicing weapons, opening doors, etc.)

The question is how to build this concept the most efficiently.

The first part is easy.
Have 2 default legs for “free”, so purchase 2 extra legs for 5 points apiece (Basic p.54-55), total 10 points.
Purchase 3 “Weapon Mount” extra arms for 2 points apiece (Basic p.53), total 6 points.

But now, what is the best way to build the last two limbs.
They meet the description of “Foot Manipulators”, for -30%, under extra arms (Basic, P.53).
However, still have two default arms for “free”, that haven’t been allocated in the build.

So should I treat the default arms as having the -30% limitation, for -3 points apiece, total -6 points?

Or should I start from Horizontal (Basic, p. 139) and or No Fine Manipulators (Basic, p. 145) and ‘reduce’ the disadvantages with some “enhancements”?

The other part of the build question, is how to tie gaining say +2 Basic Move when using the limbs as Feet rather than arms & hands?

The +2 Basic Move is 10 points (Basic, p.17). Do I just add the “temporary disadvantage” (Basic, p.115) of No Fine Manipulators [-30 points] (Basic, p. 145) for -30%, for a total of 7 points?

Last edited by DAT; 03-05-2021 at 08:28 PM.
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote