View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 12:02 PM   #8
Kallatari

Default Re: Pricing a Choice of Skill Enhancement

I can't believe I didn't think of the adaptation Perk. Thanks everyone for pointing that out. It's definitely what I'll do for this character.

That said, I'm still curious about pricing it as an enhancement. In some of my campaigns (but not this particular one), I limit the number of perks a character can have, viewing them as a means of making characters unique. So a way to build it with an enhancement as a back-up is also nice to have for those who don't want to waste a Perk on it. So I don't mind continuing that part of the discussion if anyone has any other thoughts on it. I saw one agreement that +5% was good enough. Any other thoughts?

To answer some of the other questions/comments, for this particular ability the Bow is merely a special effect, and does not influence range, accuracy, 1/2D, or anything like that (although the character did built the Innate Attack with traits that match what she could do with the bow). It does not use an arrow, and therefore is neither follow-up nor linked damage. It really boils down to the fact that the character has a much better Bow skill, likes the special effect of drawing the bow and having a lightning bolt appear in it, etc., and will use that method whenever possible, but wants the back-up of being able to shoot lightning without the bow (should they be captured and disarmed, in a place where you can't bring weapons, etc.), but as a lesser skill by choice of not putting more points into the Innate Attack skill, not because it's automatically at a lesser skill. As I agreed above, the suggested Perk approach is perfect here as it really is just a unique character feature, but the builder in me wants to see how else I might do it for other situations.
Kallatari is online now   Reply With Quote