View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 02:46 AM   #49
Rick_Smith

Default Tested the Howdah room.

This room was the last battle of the night. When I pulled out the 5 hex Ogre counter, Daniel said, "This is the last fight - the boss fight."

I had taught him the rules to Wizard, and he had written up an IQ 10 wizard with the attributes spilt fairly evenly between ST, DX and IQ.

The team moved in. Since it was on the Wizard Map, I had two big pits rather than just one. (See the photograph from a couple post above.)

The party was dismayed by the 8 points of armor thru the Ogre's front hexes. They fired a long bow into the Ogre's side over a few turns and did a couple points of damage.

The party ended up running around avoiding the Ogre and taking pot shots. The Hobbit in the Howdah saved his fatigue ST.

Then the Ogre ran and caught a swordsman and Wizard at an end of the pit. The wizard noticed that the Ogre was overlapping the pit and asked if a Magic Fist might knock it into the pit. I said if it might if it did a lot of damage. The wizard tried, spending 3 fST, and rolled a spectacular 6, 4, 5 for 9 points of damage before armor. (Only 1 point got thru, but Magic Fist knock back is based on damage BEFORE armor.) The Ogre was treated as if he had a Trip spell on him, failed his DX saving roll, and toppled into the pit. This badly damaged the Howdah.

Everyone was hooting and hollering at this point.

The next turn the wizard cast a fire spell on the hobbit. The ogre un-wedged himself. The Hobbit cast a spell, but failed (-2 DX for being in a fire, -3 DX for permanent negatives).

The next turn the wizard cast another fire, killing the Hobbit in the Howdah.

The Ogre climbed out of the pit, and ended up taking enough damage that he surrendered.

The players had a tonne of fun in this fight.

I'm going to edit my room description and say that the Hobbit takes falling damage if the Ogre falls for any reason.

Daniel said that he had really enjoyed the battles. Len, said that he was glad he had passed on Wings of War in order to try out TFT.

Very happy how the evening went.

Warm regards, Rick.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote