Thread: New Skills
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:49 PM   #130
luguvalium

Default Re: Expert Skills - Some suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post

I think that the idea that you have to have a certain level of competence before you can use the aimed shots is brilliant.
Thank you. I like the aimed shots and other optional rules, but they do add complexity if everyone is doing it. This was my attempt at including the rules but limiting them. Similarly Dagger Marksmanship would be limited to those with Dagger Expertise. Disarming would be limited to Experts, too, and so forth.

Quote:

Hmmm... Yes. If you are going to give each of these advanced talents a bonus to DX, then Missile Weapons, Thrown Weapons should definitely go away. Well, Thrown Weapons could retain the ability to ready and throw in one turn.
If there are going to be rules for a "quick draw" then they would be limited to Experts, too. But only small weapons would be eligible, you should not be able to quick draw a Great Sword.

Quote:

I wouldn't mind Missile Weapons so much if it reduced the range penalty by 3, but didn't increase your DX.
Thats another thing I had considered as well. Its been decades since I played with an upper level character, so I don't remember the problems of having them.
luguvalium is offline   Reply With Quote