View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #10
offsides

Default Re: Is there an "undo"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
What do you mean by the UI making mistakes for you? You can draw the path you want to take by clicking on the hexes you want to pass through if you're unhappy with the suggested path.
I think the issue is that many players (myself included) will simply double-click on the target hex assuming the unit will take the optimal route (which would imply NOT moving through dangerous terrain unless explicitly told to). And then occasionally watch in horror as the unit goes the wrong way...

I think there are a number of minor (or maybe not-so-minor) things that could be improved with the movement UI, including:
  1. Undo last move/reset unit to original position (or the end of the last overrun). Not sure if this should be allowed for ANY unit, or just for the last moved one (I can see arguments for both sides, though I think that an overrun should "fix" movement positions for anything that moved before the overrun was resolved).
  2. Don't show a unit as having move left if it doesn't have enough MP to move out of the hex (e.g., a HVY with 1MP left surrounded by town hexes - you click on it to move and the only hex highlighted to move into is the same hex it's already in...
  3. Allow units currently in the same hex with an enemy unit and that have MP left to initiate/join an overrun in that hex for 1MP (Actually, it's unclear if that's allowed other than against buildings (11.04.2) - we'll have to get Steve to clarify that one!).
  4. When selecting reinforcements for overruns, it would be EXTREMELY helpful if there was some indicator of what hex each listed unit was in. For example, I wanted to overrun a mostly dead Ogre Mk I (just a couple AP left - I wanted it off the board to clear a safe path for my INF) with only 2 of the 7 GEVs that were in range to overrun. I moved the first one and then couldn't figure out which one the other one I wanted to use was from the list. So I just overran with one (which didn't work, because the treadless Ogre rammed the GEV, but I've already emailed you about that bug :)). Perhaps you can highlight the hex with the unit when you hover over it in the list?
  5. Can we please get a hotkey to cancel the currently selected unit rather than having to click the X? The Escape key works wonders as a 'cancel my selection' key in almost any situation :)
  6. You already know about wanting to move multiple units at once.

Thanks for listening, and keep up the great work!
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote