View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 06:54 AM   #6
Tomsdad

Default Re: [Martial Arts] Aquatic Styles: Sahuagin (Shark Men)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
This argues for a very high Wrestling skill. Sumo Wrestling and Judo both seem contraindicated.

Since any dominance challenge has to be unarmed by the ancient sahuagin code, weapons would only be useful in hunting or warfare against non-sahuagin. I imagine he learned them in his youth, but once he had become more lethal than any sahuagin his size with red tooth and claw, he stopped bothering with them.

Aha if this is mainly about dominance challenges, than I think breaking limbs is especially appropriate as you get to humiliate / dominate your opponent, and they get to live and continue to serve in their correct position (well once they heal).

Also I'm guessing a lack of mobility in sahuagin society comes with some extra shame, and is clear indicator that the fight is over and you have lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
On the other hand, if you already have Sharp Claws for both hands and feet, what does the Pressure Secrets skill really give you in a game-mechanical sense?

well Pressure points allows you access to all kinds of potentially fight winning moves that don't require raw strength to pull off. e.g IQ based stuns, paralysed limbs, being blinded (although in this case I say it was blocking what ever sense was most appropriate) stopping you breathing (or in this case gill function).

Pressure secrets is as states is potentially unbalanced! It doubles the effectiveness of locks and holds, it doubles your damage and allows you to go for vitals! (I'd think carefully about how Cutting sharp teeth/claws stack with this last one though) But either even at the most conservative reading to turns your cutting teeth and claws into impaling teeth and claws!

What I can't remember is do teeth and claws count are unarmed attacks for the terms of this advantage?

I'd argue that as far as sahuagin who often wield weapons are concerned they are and I'd also their use especially if you went with that more conservative reading PS replaces the cutting bonus. Especially as your using Karate/Judo to attack off and not brawling further distinguishing this chap from the usual sahuagin brawler using sheer muscle and ferocity

Other than that Baron Ak'Zuma sounds a pretty cool and brutal character /NPC!

Last edited by Tomsdad; 10-30-2015 at 07:11 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote