View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #11
cephalopagus

Default Re: Vulcans and Friends counter sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmishStig View Post
Oh hey Paul! Fair warning I'm pretty awful at tying screen names to real names so will probably forget in the near future, but fancy meeting you here.

I'm still dwelling on the Mk you'd put up...my initial reaction was to twinge at the plasma cannon rules, but want to give it a fair shake and it's been a supremely busy weekend. Sunday was a family reunion, and Saturday I didn't get home from a 1pm-5pm MIB appearance until late...when someone I was running the Munchkin CCG for needed a restroom/snack break we ended up meandering the store, conversing, and walking past a game of Bolt Action...which led to a conversation about wargaming, a small world moment [apparently he did re-enacting with my predecessor at the masonic lodge], Ogre came up, and he was so dead-set on getting to see it for himself we ended up playing until almost 7. Mutually assured destruction...the only thing that survived was a Howitzer and a GEV [held back in case it survived and made a run for the border]

And thanks! I wouldn't have been able to write it without you lot to use for inspiration [that whole story grew out of a forum thread where people were discussing marks in terms of 'two X welded together' and 'Smash a Y and a Z together', which sounded like campfire stories] and Drew's encouragement once the submission went in [seriously Drew, you have no idea how much 'yes, this is good enough' and even 'yes, this has potential' means to this scarred soul]

I try! For whatever reason, cataloguing 'I thought I saw something about ... over at ...' is something I have a knack for.

Now we just wait over the next few expansions and see if my initial suspicion was right, given that you're both the Line Editor and the author of Bridging the Gap... ;)
Yea apparently I'm in a flame war with CS over the plasma weapon but I keep trying to point out that the weapon selection isn't (or at least I think) the issue its having something very powerful over a short range that gets weaker over distance and can only be used every other (or every third) turn. You have to think how to sue it and how to defend again it. That is all I am trying to go for. Now if you tell me it's not worth the effort cool I'll leave it at that and play with those that want to. Any way we really should P.M. sorry for everyone else caught in our conversation.
cephalopagus is offline   Reply With Quote