View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:20 PM   #42
Skarg

Default Re: How do you all handle mounted combat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
A figure running at MA 10 in a one-hex diameter circle is pulling 40% of one G. Just how good is their footing?
* MA of only 6 would get you back where you started, so running in a circle at MA 10 would be a uselessly twisty maneuver in TFT.

* I think you mean going in circles around one hex, which would be a radius of 4 feet, so actually 0.55g.

* Nevertheless, it does not seem very hard to do, to me. I put a chair where there was enough space to go around it at about 4 foot radius, and shuffled in a slight hurry around it ten times, timing it with a stop watch. It was a slow jog, and I was in no danger of falling down. I did start to feel slightly dizzy after ten laps. It took me 33.46 seconds on the first try, not really trying to be fast. So about 3 1/3 seconds to go 6 hexes in a circle. Looks like I managed MA 8.97, call it MA 9, with no danger and not particularly trying to be fast. I certainly was not feeling terrible G forces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
Divide a figure's intended movement in hexes by 3 and round down. This is how many dice they need to roll against DX to turn 60 degrees after entering each hex or fall down. For every hex they move directly forwards subtract one die from the roll.
Interesting idea for a mechanic. So that translates to:

For MA used:
1-5: no worries
6-8: you need to move one directly forward before each 60 degree turn, or roll 2/DX or fall.
9-11: 3/DX minus one for each hex directly forward
12-14: 4/DX minus one for each hex forward, so 3 forward per turn for no risk
15-17: 5/DX "" "", 4 fwd/turn for no risk
18-20: 6/DX "" "", 5 fwd/turn for no risk
21-23: 7/DX "" "", 6 fwd/turn for no risk
24-26: 8/DX "" "", 7 fwd/turn for no risk
27-29: 9/DX "" "", 8 fwd/turn for no risk
30-33: 10/DX "" "", 9 fwd/turn for no risk

According to this, though, I would have had to make 60 die rolls to run around the chair like I did. I think even if they were all 2-die rolls with no auto-failure, it would not challenge any reasonably mobile person.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote