Old 03-10-2018, 01:11 PM   #39
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Sandbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Sunae laughs and gives Shuck a hug

"I was kidding."

Sunae shakes her head slowly in awe

"It is so different from what I know. We all fend for ourselves but we are expected to contribute to the needs of the family. Whether anyone deals with the legal aspect of it all, I couldn't tell you. I am allowed to keep a specific amount of money that I earn, just enough to provide the basics. The rest goes to the family."

"The idea is to foster a sense of independence and sacrifice. But also, avoid the temptations of vanity and greed."
"Vanity and greed are part of my job, actually. You have to look good in my line of work, but it's a subtle thing. Too flashy and you look like an ingenue, and my clients look for experience. I have to project that despite being only thirty. Clothes have to fit well enough to play iaido in them, even though that's not what they're for, because it tells the people I work with that I have a very good tailor and a very good personal trainer and I know how to use both. So, I suppose, it's less vanity and more savvy: projected.

"Yeah it's different. None of us fend for ourselves, to the point that we chafe at it and wander off to do our own thing. I learned the basics of banking back in kindergarten, but when I got older and wanted to chase angels I was allowed to, within limits, as long as I also pursued the family's goals. Of course I pushed those limits," he added, assuming that absolutely everyone does that, "and Dad was hanging around to see where I'd go and how far. In the end, though, we all contribute to Pacific World and we all gain from it, and any one of us could run the whole operation if we really had to. None of us is immortal." That last bit is a dig.