View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 11:21 AM   #12
DataPacRat

Default Re: Seeking build advice: Modern conspiracy character creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
You're right, Preparation Required isn't appropriate here, since Preparation Required actually requires the character to be spending the time doing the preparation.

I'd just call it a new limitation for Extra Life, "Delayed Return". I think Extra Life already assumes that there's some delay between your "death" and return - at least long enough for your enemies to go "Well, they must be dead" and leave - but a longer delay definitely seems like a limitation. I'd say that a guaranteed delay of 1 day would be -10%, a week -20%, a month -30%, three months -40%, six months -50%, a year -60%, two years -70%, and three years or more -80%.
That sounds workable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I don't see how it is an ability at all. It's a (particularly expensive) mortuary service. It costs money, but mortuary expenses are probably part of CoL.

Thinking it might work is a belief quirk at most. It isn't like Christians need to take Unkillable with limitations representing bodily resurrection on Judgment Day in order to represent burial!
Crossing several levels of meta: And in the 95% of universes where the Unreliable roll is 6 or more, you're right, it's little more than an elaborate funeral. Some people are willing to gamble they're in one of the other 5% of universes; this character is one of them, you're not, and I can't think of any easy way to bridge the gap without a few megabytes' worth of forum postings and discussion.
"Then again, maybe I'm wrong."
DataPacRat is offline   Reply With Quote