View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:50 PM   #87
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfout View Post
Proposed - that GEV class vehicles, when disabled while on a water hex, are instead destroyed.

If the fans stop running, the hovercraft doesn't hover any more. It sinks.
I would say this...a Disabled GEV does not have the ability to attack while it is Disabled like other units because it is not as robust and is the only unit that hovers. The Disabled GEV loses it's movement ability and it's hover ability, thus, it would be floating in the water or sationary in other terrain unable to properly use it's weapons since they were designed for use while the GEV was hovering and able to move.

In this proposed case, the Disabled GEV cannot attack while Disabled.

Now Combine GEVs have a turret for their weapon, and Paneurope have a combination, with the main weapon on the nose of the unit, but I'm arguing when both units are Disabled this renders these weapons ineffective enough to be considered not able to fire while Disabled.

...otherwise a Disable means the vehicle itself is able to function normally, just the crew is not able to.

I do like the notion of having GEVs more vulnerable over water. This suggestion only makes sense if when Disabled the no attack rule applies no matter what terrain it is Disabled in. It's stated in the source material they are fragile, ect...this would allow that to be manifest in a cool little way in the game.

You could make this rule for early Last War GEVs, making a distinction between early and late Last War GEVs.

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 10-12-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote