View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 08:15 PM   #22
sparky00

Default Re: latest trend in original counters: no info, just image

I know I'm bucking a trend here, but I really do like the the ODE & O6E counters. I like their different shape & I love the colorful graphics on them. I also like the 3-D construct-able units, though i do color the edges of them.
Maybe its just because I re-discovered Ogre only a few months ago, and have recently acquired O6E, Reinforcements, a retail ODE, dice, all the sponsored counter sheets & a spare ODE box to keep them in, but I really like the current look of Ogre & its big, beautiful counters & maps. I'm really looking forward to what the Battlefields kickstarter will bring.
I have no problem with flat counters whatsoever, but I'm not a fan of vertical counters - to hard to see when there are many units on the board. I'd much prefer minis to vertical counters.
I do also like the original silhouette counters. They bring back great memories of Ogre battles in the late 70's & early 80's. Iconic is a good word for them, and i probably will end up getting the ODE-sized version of them at some point. Between having about 5 full ODE factions & the impending video version release, when I'll actually get to play a game with them is anybody's guess.
sparky00 is offline   Reply With Quote