View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 07:51 PM   #4
kirbwarrior

Default Re: [Basic]Disadvantage of the Week: Manic-Depressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Each 5 hours of game time, roll 3d, and on a 10 or less, you start switching to the other phase, which takes an hour.
I always thought that was real time and played it as such. That's what I get for skimming. I don't know if that makes it better or worse.

I had exactly one character with it. It was fine, but I won't pick it again. None of my players seem to even consider it an option. Probably because no one wants to take Chronic Depressions, honestly.

However, I like how it works, or more accurately the mechanics of it. I've had fun replacing effects of disads with very close effects without changing mechanically how it works; Klutz becomes Moron changing DX to IQ, Loner becomes a weaker type of phobia by changing Bad Temper to Honesty, etc. Changing the disads that make up Manic Depressive with other similarly priced ones could make for some new fun disads. But then, that also sounds like Split Personality, and now I'm not sure why Manic-Depressive works like it does when Split Personality is close but not quite the same and can cover more types of characters.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote