View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 04:21 AM   #72
Anders

Default Re: [Sorcery] Spellbook project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndPope View Post
Aren't Skönja Vitner and Vitnaskönja the same spell with different names?
Yep. Vitnaskönja removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndPope View Post
Hvitja (Light) - I'm aware that I'm being a ruleslawyer here, but I do not think the affliction build works as intended.

• Cosmic: Affects objects as well as people, +50%
All afflictions with effects not negated by Immunity to Metabolic Hazards works on objects normally. They do ge a resistance roll.

• Cosmic: No Die Roll Needed, +100%
This remove the need to hit with the affliction. It does not remove the need for a affliction HT roll. Rules as written - NOTHING can remove that resistance roll.

The problem here is that with the existing rules there is no easy way to simulate a light-source. The basic rules for Sorcery Empowerment makes keeping a light-source up, without taking up your spell-slot and costing a FT every minute, difficult. I understand the choice of using a affliction with this spell. The only thing I can think of at the moment is to add:

• Cosmic, no resistance roll needed for willing targets, +100%

Other suggestions?
Well, willing targets can always waive the resistance roll... hmm. Maybe I should base it on Will, since normal objects don't have Will. That would be a nice bit of rules-lawyering, wouldn't it? :o)

I'll have to think about this and see how it functions in the game.
“He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them. But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion... Nor is it enough that he should hear the opinions of adversaries from his own teachers, presented as they state them, and accompanied by what they offer as refutations. He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.”
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote