View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #3
Antiquation!

Default Re: Control earth math help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lameth View Post
Can someone help me with some math here, I want to make it's being done right. If you have control earth 4, and you want to move earth to create a hole 21 feet wide, 21 feet long, and 9 feet deep, how long will that take? And what if it was stone or brick of the same space, how long would it take? Thx
I'm not even approaching "math whiz" territory, but here goes:
74 lbs. per square foot of loose soil.
3969 square feet of soil in the hole in question.
Control (Earth) 4 gets you 160 lbs. of controlled material in a go, meaning you have 1836 "loads" worth of dirt with your level of control. For each load, assuming 2 seconds to establish control (walking/stooping to the next patch then concentrating) and also assuming you need to move each patch of soil a total of ~20 feet (worst case all the way from the center of the 21-foot patch and up the 9 foot depression, total 19.5 feet) at a rate of Move 4 for your Control level (12 feet a second, for a total of 2 seconds to move each batch completely out of the hole); total 4 seconds per batch.

In short, we arrive at about 7344 seconds or 123 minutes or 2 hours of walking around and concentrating to move all the dirt out of the hole in question. For brick and stone you'd do the same thing, just find the new weight per foot of the material in question and plug it into the above procedure.

Last edited by Antiquation!; 10-08-2017 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Clarity, accuracy (messed up calculation big time!)
Antiquation! is offline   Reply With Quote