View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #8
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Define a Maneuver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979 View Post
Thank you for the responses,

Double Checking if I understood it Correctly -
Feint has become something like the Attack Maneuver - So it can be made as part of a rapid strike.
No, Feint has become like an attack (little "a") as of Martial Arts, so best to pretend Feint is no longer a Maneuver, and just an attack technique. As an attack technique, it can be part of a rapid strike.
Quote:
Ready has become something like the attack and feint maneuver - so it can be made as a part of rapid strike.
No again. Ready is still a Maneuver. Though certain ready-s of course can be trained to do in zero time as a Fast Draw, but only certain weapons and small items can benefit from this kind of training.
Quote:
Evaluation or Aim or Concentrate are considered maneuvers and cannot be combined with something that could be done reflexively like Ready despite it being in a subclass that is equal to an Attack.
If you first fast-draw your weapon in zero time with a successful fast draw roll, you can then spend your Maneuver Aiming or Evaluating. (and Ready is not a subclass of attacking, it is it's own Maneuver)
Quote:
So Fast Draw can be done in one smooth motion is a free action which can be done with Concentrate, Evaluate, and if some Aim Maneuver.
Yes. And you need to fast draw first. If you fail your roll, you are automatically taking a regular ready for the turn, and if you succeed, you can do whatever you want.
Quote:
Readying a weapon that is unready but held can be done as part of a Rapid Strike Attack Option but cannot be combined with another maneuver like Move Only, Evaluate, Aim (ex. holding a pistol aimed while shifting an axe to a ready position), or Concentrate.
I don't think so.
Quote:
Maneuver Options, Attack Options - Feint and Ready are "special" attack options. So there is an Two Attack Options that are very much related - Feint and Deceptive Attack.
Again Ready is not a special Attack option
Quote:
Can I Feint with an Unready Weapon?
No
Quote:
Can I Feint and Ready as a Rapid Strike?** (using Two Unbalanced Weapons)
No
Quote:
Can I Fast-draw Ready and Feint with Rapid Strike?
Kind of, you can fast draw and attack, if you rapid strike after your fast draw, you can then feint and and attack as your rapid strike, but I think I would just feint and then rapid strike the next turn so both attacks would benefit from a full skill feint.
Quote:
Can I Feint against Two Targets with Rapid Strike?
I suppose....
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote