View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 03:20 AM   #7
nik1979

Default Re: Define a Maneuver

Thank you for the responses,

Double Checking if I understood it Correctly -
Feint has become something like the Attack Maneuver - So it can be made as part of a rapid strike.

Ready has become something like the attack and feint maneuver - so it can be made as a part of rapid strike.

Evaluation or Aim or Concentrate are considered maneuvers and cannot be combined with something that could be done reflexively like Ready despite it being in a subclass that is equal to an Attack.

So Fast Draw can be done in one smooth motion is a free action which can be done with Concentrate, Evaluate, and if some Aim Maneuver.

Readying a weapon that is unready but held can be done as part of a Rapid Strike Attack Option but cannot be combined with another maneuver like Move Only, Evaluate, Aim (ex. holding a pistol aimed while shifting an axe to a ready position), or Concentrate.

Maneuver Options, Attack Options - Feint and Ready are "special" attack options. So there is an Two Attack Options that are very much related - Feint and Deceptive Attack.

Can I Feint with an Unready Weapon?
Can I Feint and Ready as a Rapid Strike?** (using Two Unbalanced Weapons)
Can I Fast-draw Ready and Feint with Rapid Strike?
Can I Feint against Two Targets with Rapid Strike?

**note the Skill Penalty of Rapid Strike is less compared to some Unbalanced Weapons with the requisite Strength to wield the weapon ending the Turn always at ready. >12†‡ weapon being wielded 1h where the strength requirement tends to be around 6 points translating to -6.

My impression of a maneuver was a tactical mode, a category where actions like Attack, Movement, and Attention had a certain arrangement, allowing various combinations but favored various actions over others. The Rapid Strike kind has broadened the definition for me, and I'm curious what are its limits.

Maneuver > Attack Option
now that Feint and Readying fall similar to Attack Options, can it be done as part of a Move and Attack? I know it may be overly but
Move and Attack (-4) + Rapid Strike (-1 with WM + 1FP): Ready & Feint covering Move Distance
Move and Attack (-4) + Rapid Strike: ready and Ready
MIB#2428

Last edited by nik1979; 04-14-2013 at 03:31 AM.
nik1979 is offline   Reply With Quote