View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #4
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Define a Maneuver

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979 View Post
I remember reading Rapid Strike: Feint and Attack as a Valid, but it makes me confused with the definition of Maneuver. I'm curious how did a Manuever become sub-categorized into something equal to an Attack? What is a better definition of a Maneuver given this method
To my knowledge it has not. the Maneuvers are: Do Nothing, Move, Aim, Evaluate, Attack, Feint, All-Out Attack, Move and Attack, All-Out Defense, Concentrate, Ready and Wait.
Quote:
A Maneuver is a Course of Action
Attack = Strike
Can a Maneuver like Feint become part of a Rapid Strike, does that mean other maneuvers can be part of a Rapid Strike?
Only attacks or Feints can be part of a Rapid Strike.

Quote:
With Rapid Strike, I can Ready instead of Attack, and Strike despite being unready.
Nope, attacks cannot be traded for Ready's
Quote:
Isn't Rapid strike an Attack Option Categorically? Wouldn't an action that would subsume or allow for multiple maneuvers better called "Rapid Maneuvering"
No, you cannot get extra Concentrates, Evaluates, Moves etc, just attacks.

Quote:
Why can't I then Evaluate and Execute a Ready maneuver? Attention is on Target, Conditioned Physical Response is to Ready the weapon?
Conditioned physical response would be represented by the Fast Draw skill.
Quote:
Why Can't I Aim and Ready a Bow at the same time? Aim is attention on opponent relative to weapon, while physical trained response is drawing the bow.
Without Altered Time rate or some such, you can only pay attention to one thing at a time. Just the way it works!
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote