View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 04:32 AM   #10
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
Also wondering how tightly you're sticking to the disadvantage cap (I had a few other ideas to personalize the character, but I can easily stick within the -50 if you prefer).
Exactly tightly. I'm a stickler. Sorry.

Quote:
If this doesn't suit the way you'd been building hell (like, if the spirits of the dead are insubstantial, even in hell), that's perfectly okay.
The spirits of the dead are insubstantial except in extraordinary circumstances. Kind of funny you brought that up, since--well, you'll see.

That being said, were this a normal campaign I would allow it. But in PbP, the enemy disadvantage doesn't really work, at least not in any way I can figure. It's either only ever going to come up once, or it's never going to come up at all.

Maybe we could instead go with a negative reputation or social stigma? It would be a lot easier to get the inhabitants to just generally hate you than it would be to say that somewhere down in the depths there happens to be something specifically targeting your character.

Anything down there that could come after you specifically would be mean enough that I don't think you guys would want to try to fight it . . . .
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote