View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #50
PK

Default Re: Is there a reason why there is no table for submachine guns in GURPS Lite 4e?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
This thread is getting heated and the people who would usually be able to explain this more clearly are all in a conference room about 30 feet from me, not paying attention to the forums.
Caught your PM and stopped in, as we're taking a lunch break. Thanks for the heads up.

Lupo and Frosty, you're both past the line with the arguments. There's no reason to get this cranky over a game, guys.

And to answer the OP, there are close to a hundred tables that you can find in the Basic Set that you won't find in Lite. That's because Lite is essentially a demo for real GURPS, so you can get a taste of what the game is like. It doesn't include everything you need to run any kind of game, and doesn't pretend to. On its own, you can't really run games focusing on magic, heavy guns, psi, space survival, etc. And that's why Lite is free. It includes as much GURPS as we could fit into 32 pages, with a focus on portability across multiple campaigns when possible.

(Please do not start a new thread on this subject or one transparently similar. Everyone needs to cool down on this topic. Thank you.)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}