View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #48
Lupo

Default Re: Is there a reason why there is no table for submachine guns in GURPS Lite 4e?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
My RP isn't uber-detailed, but it would be nice to have the stats for a submachine gun available. It saves me pulling numbers out of my ass that look like fudge but don't taste (or smell) as good.
It looks like you are not very familiar with "simple & light" roleplaying games.
ALL the RPGs of that kind that I've ever read, assumed that the GM "would be pulling numbers out of his ass".
It's just how these games works; rules-lightness require fudging by the GM.
Detailed, complete games require lots of pages.

If you know any game which is really simple (e.g., 32 pages) yet complete and detailed, please tell me which game it is!
I will happily stop playing GURPS and use this "magical" game instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I would hardly call it a product.
(...)
The system is already broken.
(...)
But GURPS Lite and standard GURPS don't even use the same mechanics, so, tell me, what the hell is the point?
[EDIT: I self-censor my answer to that, in order to minimize further flaming. I wrote it before I realized the tone this thread had taken; I don't think I was offensive, but it could surely be interpreted as "unpleasant".
Frosty, I apologize if I was somewhat adversarial and I couldn't help you. Best wishes for your campaign.]

Last edited by Lupo; 01-14-2011 at 10:10 AM.