View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #47
Mailanka

Default Re: Is there a reason why there is no table for submachine guns in GURPS Lite 4e?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I would hardly call it a product.
It's a demo. You seem to expect the complete treatment of GURPS to be found in those 30 pages. To state this as simply as I can: It doesn't, because you can't fit 600 pages of material into 30, and it's not really the practice of SJGames to give away their complete product in their demo.

Quote:
My RP isn't uber-detailed, but it would be nice to have the stats for a submachine gun available. It saves me pulling numbers out of my ass that look like fudge but don't taste (or smell) as good. If GURPS Lite Fourth Edition can provide the stats for a pump-action shotgun and a 9mm semi-automatic pistol, why can't they provide the stats for a submachine gun?
"I want X. Why can't they have X? X is very very important. It's obviously a major oversight that they didn't stick X into this tiny, free demo."

Replace X with any number of things that people might want. How is your demand any greater, any more important, than theirs? If you want a complete product, buy the book.

Quote:
The system is already broken.
If you've already decided it's crap, why are we even having this discussion.

Quote:
If the manual of the car mentions "can be driven on the beach, in the rain, at 180 mph", then why wouldn't I want to test it?
Except you don't have the car. Your analogy is terrible. If you really had the complete package and were testing it, you'd actually have a borrowed copy of GURPS. You don't have that, you have a cut down, very limited version. Like I said, it's more like a demo of a computer game, you know, the one that only lets you play 3 out of the games 20 levels, or only lets you play one of the three classes, or what have you.

You sound like the guy shouting "Why can't there be 20 levels! It says there are 20 levels." There are, in the full game. You don't have that. You have the demo. You want submachine guns? Buy the bit that has submachine guns.

Quote:
It also applies to everything else mentioned by Mailanka.
I don't even know what this means.