View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #2
malloyd

Default Re: Current skills at Techniques?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
Does this make sense? Are there other skills that might be good techniques?
I now routinely call Combat Art/Sport a technique of the combat skill. And yeah, Shadowing seems plausible to me too. Anything with a skill to skill default is probably a good candidate really.

I'd certainly seriously consider Aerobatics, Aquabatics, Diagnosis, Fast Draw, Group Performance, Makeup, Market Analysis, Parry Missile Weapons, Poetry, Power Blow, Pressure Points, Pressure Secrets, Religious Ritual, Shadowing, Shiphandling, and Stage Combat.

I want to add Zen Archery, which is pretty clearly not a freestanding skill, but it doesn't make sense as a cinematic technique either - if anything it feels like a detached piece of (or Special Enhancement to) Heroic Archer.

I'd also look at the rather scattered mental disciplines (Autohypnosis, Meditation, Dreaming, Mental Strength), the specialties of Environment Suit (and/or making them techniques of Hazardous Materials, Spacer and Scuba), the Sleight of Hand/Filch/Pickpocket/Holdout complex, the more ridiculously specialized weapon skills (Main Gauche, Tonfa, Lance, Cloak, Net, the specialties of Fencing, though I'd probably to collapse them even further to Skill Adaptation or Exotic Weapon Training perks), and those skills with a *lot* of required specializations (Driving, Electronics Repair, Mechanic, Musical Instrument, Survival) or skill to skill defaults (*sword). Though in those last cases less because they can't be separate skills than because the defaults structure makes them effectively extra expensive techniques of each other already.