View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Clipper

Default Re: Discard/Gift Non-Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striken7 View Post
That's part of my confusion. I don't see anywhere where it allows you to just discard anything (unless you are the lowest level and have a Charity phase, in which case you can discard anything). But, the only thing it specifically does not allow you to discard outside of this situation is Items.
The rules do tell you when you can discard other types of card, though. Races and Classes can be discarded from the table at any time, even during combat. Steeds can optionally be discarded if they provide you a Run Away penalty and you need to Run Away. Hirelings can be discarded to automatically escape monsters and if you are playing with sets with the full Hireling rules (e.g., The Need For Steed), they can be discarded from the table at any time too. Items generally cannot be discarded unless they say so, you sell them for a level, you die, or you are discarding them to power a class ability or satisfy a curse or something.