View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
Whitestreak

Default Re: Help with night guard

I worked security for a resort/gated living area in the mountains north of Atlanta, GA after I was retired from the USAF.

The areas we worked were either at one of three gates or as roving security. We would work two weeks at a time at a gate - one week from 1600-2400, the enxt from 2400-0800, and then on to another spot.

Gate duty required us to check incoming vehicles for a sticker on the lower left corner on their windshield. Our sticker meant we opened the gate. No sticker meant we had to contact the potential hosts, count the passengers if a "let them in" was gotten and record that nimber and the license on a roster. We were also required to provide assistance as requested, check that any near-by trash bins had their bear-proof lids on properly stay awake. Depending on the gate and time, you could be very busy or very bored.

Roving security was just that - following a "beat", checking on homes as requested/required, helping people, keeping eyes open for roaming bears and whatever else was needed.

This was nice duty until two gates were subjected to rifle fire in one night - I was in one of them. After calling for help, I got treated for multiple glass fragments in my scalp and fired. The other guard had been transported for two bullet wounds and fired. Fun times.
Whitestreak is offline   Reply With Quote