View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 11:03 PM   #164
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think the problem is less with attacking yourself (though that's actually a pretty awkward action) and more with parrying yourself and retreating from yourself: which direction is backwards?
B377 says "away from your attacker" so facing doesn't really matter (it's a +3 if you retreat forward if the attacker is behind you, for example) so I guess if you were attacking using your left hand then away from it would be towards your right hex?

There's also the "sideslip" (merely +2) which covers a retreat that doesn't change the distance between you and attacker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think if you are using the 2 AP for full move spending 1 AP to keep moving is enough. 5 yards a second is really quite fast.

As for steps allowing you to slowly accelerate for free... that doesn't actually feel right. Running at full move should cost at least some AP.
Yeah, maintenance AP. I think the ideal is...
*inherit most momentum, but gradual slowdown is free due to friction
*maintaining top speed means adding to the remaining momentum
*accelerating (even from 0 to 1, normally a free step) always costs, but give some basic free AP to everyone (maybe 1 per second rate) for being alive which is assumed to be spent on steps

I like how that would make Do Nothing even better, since the +4 you get to your HT roll is sorta offset by losing the free step and not getting the 2 AP worth of free defenses AOD gives.

Maybe instead the way AOD should work is no freebies but each 1 AP spent gives you 2 AP towards defenses?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote