View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 02:21 PM   #162
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Why are you at 1/2 move? I don't think you've lost that much HP
Partial wound to the leg reduces you to 50% Move, I'm at the max tier right before crippling.

Quote:
why are you halving 5 instead of 6?
We're both suffering -1 to DX and -1 to HT due to FP loss, Basic Speed is calculated by the quartered sum of those, so our Basic Speeds are both down to 5.5 and I think you round down Basic Speed to determine Basic Move.

Quote:
One foe gives you a -2 to all defenses and resistance rolls against people other than that foe.
Right you are... I forgot about that part. Changing the parry from 15 to 13 is still a pass though since I got a 10.

Quote:
I think Any GM ever would forbid using that move.
What's wrong with trying to attack yourself? Seems like there should be a way to get that 2nd step without doing a committed attack or getting attacked by someone else.

It's actually not very economical considering you have to pay for the attack, the defense, and the retreat (3AP) which is basically what you'd have to pay for in a committed attack (2 AP for maneuver, 1 for 2nd step) which eliminates the risk of being unable to retreat if the attack fails (unless using rules where you declare and resolve defense prior to resolving attacks)

Quote:
I don't know what we discussed using for long distance moving. At this point, I think we're sufficiently removed from actually combat to make fair decisions.
Where I'm curious is in respect to momentum build-up. If maintaining a previous turn's momentum is free yet you can also freely accelerate from 0 to 1 then there could be a free 1-step acceleration perspective as long as there's no turning.

Quote:
I seem to remember discussing with Douglas Cole on the main forum a variant where full move costs 2 AP and up to half move costs 1 AP.
That's from https://gamingballistic.com/2013/08/...ile-using-las/ I think.

Still going to Evaluate?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote