View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 05:07 PM   #16
Bruno

Default Re: GURPS DF / DFRPG Random Dungeon Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
if I had the power to add things to your To Do list it would be these:
You do! You can always request things and presuming they're semi-reasonable I will probably add them on the pile. No guarentee they'll get done in any particular order or speed, but that's the same with my own ToDo items.

Quote:
1 - Add a clear Entrance. As in a defined entrance point.
The stairs up and down are the entrances, depending on which direction you're coming from.

Quote:
2 - Have a map version that lables the 'a' and 'b' stuff on the map.
In the cards, it's actually related to the work on traps, as well as the work I'm doing with the tunneling algorithm

Quote:
3 - That room had three doors on the eastern wall, two go into a neighboring room and one to a corridor. The neighboring room only lists one door on it's western wall and that one does not match either of the previous two... so can we get the rooms to list all their doors? Or at least be labeled?
Yes, that's a problem with two rooms sharing a wall and rudely punching doors in it without informing the other room description. Whats even worse is when they decide to dig a door at the same spot, leaving you with one room listing 3 doors, the other listing 1 door, all with unique descriptions... but there's only 3 doors.

If you use the less tightly packed dungeons they don't share walls as much and it does reduce that kind of nonsense, but that's not a solution (I like the busy dungeons).

As part of the general cleanup in preparation of the tunnel digging changes, I'm going to remove responsibility from door creation out of the hands of the rooms, as the rooms are quite self centered and don't care about anyone else. It's going into the overall tunneling code, as that has a view of the entire map and while it can be very silly, at least it knows not to step on its own toes.

EDIT: And yes, I tend to personify my code. It makes it easier to yell at in frustration.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote