View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
The_Nightwatch

Default Re: My latest Campaign.

We have a multi-GM campaign, and my brother ran a "mini-series" involving a mage who was being duped into summoning Cthulhu, or something close enough - whatever this elder thing was, no PC in our campaign would ever be able to do anything to/about it once it was here.

The stealthy characters went to check things out. The combat monsters, used to the kind of fight-heavy games I run, went bumbling around, walked right into the sanctum, angering the mage enough that he summoned it right then and there.

It would have been the end of the campaign, but we'd picked up a time-travel item awhile back, and my brother and I let the responsible PCs use it to go back in time and "rewrite history." The players with the combat-monster characters and insufficient attention span didn't play much longer.

(The group used the time-travel item a few more times here and there, only when there'd been some kind of catastrophe, until finally the PC carrying it got vaporized, and it was lost to who knows where in the multiverse...)
The_Nightwatch is offline   Reply With Quote