View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #147
DreadDomain

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
His ST & HP seems low in comparison to Wonder Woman. Aquaman may lose on land, but shouldn't he be stronger than Wonder Woman when grappling underwater? Likewise, he can't soak much damage. I'd probably go 40/60 with HP 60 based on your prior characters.
Good call, will implement.

Quote:
Move (running?) 15 also seems a bit high, especially since jump is probably how he'll close quickly.

Move 240 seems excessive when you have Instant Acceleration on Enhanced Move. I'd shift most of it to Enhanced Move since he doesn't need a step 24. Perhaps Move 10 or so for swimming around leisurely and high Enhanced Move for getting from point A -> B during scene changes.

Super Jump should have a recharge/cooldown time unless you want him to be able to leap as regular move. Looks like he's have about a Move 10 that way?
Errr.. clearly I didn't think this throught and a late change I made remained half-baked (Move 240 wasn't supposed to be there anymore). On land, I was trying to balance some move for him by using a combination of running and jumping. Move 10 is probably more adequate.

Quote:
Night Vision 9 is seems redundant with Sonar? I'd suggest Dark Vision with Sonar as an alternate if you really want deep sea vision.
Good idea, will implement.

Quote:
What is this - Signature Gear, Striker, Natural Weaponry, Innate Attack (melee)?
It is built using the rules to modify weapons (similar to how you add modifiers to damage done by ST) found in Power-Ups: Enhancement.

Quote:
Perhaps if it's a campaign taking place in Atlantis. Otherwise, he'll be regarded as a powerful monarch of a mysterious, closed nation. In the comics he has a strained relationship with the UN (environmental issues) and shows up to make threats periodically.

Diplomatic Immunity might be more fitting.
I believe he might need both. A good reputation among the masses as a hero (althougth probably lower than Wonder Woman) and a reputation among the politicians as a difficult monarch. Will add DI.

Quote:
While he deserves that warrior skill, he's a pretty mediocre king (often neglectful, gets overthrown periodically, is largely ignorant of the court maneuvering going on). He barely hangs onto the job even with quite a bit of loyal support.
Hmmm... yeah, good call. I didn't think of it that way but it makes a lot of sense. Will reduce but maybe not to mediocre level. He is still supposed to be an accomplished diplomat (according to DC Wikia). 11-12 maybe?

Quote:
You could bundle that with a dependency. I'd also quantify how quickly they weaken.
How could I forget Dependency? I will frame his PM better.
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote