View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 08:24 AM   #5
Magesmiley

Default Re: Simplified Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartful View Post
Thanks,

I looked around and realized I must have been playing an earlier version, because I remember the grid and I don't remember the turn key, although the open environment the turn key adds is awesome.

Gaslands looks close to what I want, but it's just missing the mark for me. I have high hopes for the 6th edition.

While I'm waiting for 6, I'll go through the prebuilt cars and print out a few equally balanced cars and give 5th another try.

Thanks again.
To clarify Swordtart's comments:

The Car Wars set which is currently in-print is part of the 4th edition rules, which is fairly close to the Pocket Box (1st edition), Deluxe Car Wars (white cover rulebook) (2nd edition), First Edition Compendium (3rd edition), and Second Edition Compendium (4th Edition). All of these used the gridded maps which you're referring to. The Turn Key was created late in the first edition (Expansion Set 2, if my memory serves me) and never was included in the pocket box, though it was included in all versions of the Deluxe Edition.

The Fifth Edition sets which Swordtart is referring to have a significantly different rules set than the other editions. They're only available in electronic form currently, unless you want to try E-Bay.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote