Thread: Heretical RPM
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 12:34 PM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Heretical RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ladder View Post
It's more for being able to have the mage gather some energy, realize they need 3 more to get the spell off the ground and instead of waiting a turn can just tap into their mana or FP pool and make up the difference to fire the spell off this turn.

It also allows going all Mana/FP and one gather attempt for the spell that needs to happen NOW if the caster is willing to be totally out of reserves in later scenes.

(I could be reading the rules incorrectly on needing one second per tapping of different energy sources)

Yeah, I'd lower that rule to "instant access for personal sources". It will do everything you want it to without breaking in odd ways. Also, I just had a thought: you may want to reduce the energy from FP provided by willing sacrifice for other people. Mass sacrifice is already one of the best ways to break RPM.

Quote:
Yeah, I am a little leery on seeing what it can do and will partially combat its flexibility by splitting up some of the paths to make a total of 12 instead of 9. I also plan on not allowing players to purchase the Connection part of Adept and maybe not let them take the Sacred Space part as well.
outlawing connection is a strong option, and I commend your decision. Banning both sacred space and conditional effects would make it very difficult to cast meaningfully. You'd still have a magic system, but it would be very restricted in where it could operate. I'd only ban one at a time.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote