Thread: New Talents?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #50
Elfwreck

Default Re: New Talents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie the Technomancer
The only one I don't understand is Ritual Magic. And even if it did make sense, it should NEVER, EVER be part of a Talent. That would be such a point crock because all your Paths and Rituals default to it one way or another.
Okay. I'm a bit blurry on Ritual Magic... I don't have Voodoo or Cabal. I'd think someone with a talent for occult lore would have an innate understanding of the "real magic" parts of it, but this might almost be better expressed as a bonus to Thaumatology.

Quote:
Prostitute Talent is kinda bizarre, however a Courtesan Talent would be fine, since I see a Courtesan as a professionally-trained prostitute (stop laughing). Accordingly, I'd go with Sex Appeal (how could you forget that one?), Erotic Arts, Savoir-Faire (instead of Acting - how to act in high society), Make-Up, and Streetwise (how to act in low society).
I don't know how I missed Sex Appeal. (Maybe we've known different kinds of hookers? I live in Oakland, used to walk to work past the women wearing faux tiger fur jackets and fishnets in January. "Sex Appeal" is not what came to mind.) Acting: convince the client that you're really happy to see him. Convince the pimp that you're really sad you didn't make more money. Convince the minister that you're really, really sorry you're in this line of work.

Make-Up is a skill? I have *got* to pay more attention.

I should probably shelve the "street ho" talent idea; it obviously needs more work.
Quote:
I do have a problem here. I can see Area Knowledge, Connoisseur, Geography, Heraldry and Savoir-Faire fitting together, but the others... I agree that a good traveller should have them, but I can't really see them fitting all in the same Talent.
An affinity for Current Events would help the person get along with new friends; you can always talk about the news. Gambling is a social skill, an almost-universal way for travelers to interact with the locals. I suppose I was trying to attach an affinity for the info to the affinity for the social interactions; it should probably be two separate talents, and I'd put a bit more thought into them before I tried to get a GM to accept either one.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote