View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 04:55 PM   #32
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Jack:

The maid looks at the plumber with a disgusted look on her face.

The plumber's ears twitched when the sound was thrown, and they are continuing to move around, searching for something. Jack isn't quite sure what the guy is, but no normal human has that sort of precision with the ears -- and yet most human looking fae just use supernatural senses to power through that -- a vampire? or some weird cursed lineage?

"Shhhh... watch my lips. Something is up. Hold still."

The man is quite still. The maid looks unsure of what to do.

Rolls:
Body Language
Fast Talk
Hidden Lore (?)

Marcus:

As Marcus reaches for Jake, the man rapidly backs up and out of reach, obviously reading Marcus's intent. The man begins to fade ONTO the the wall of the building, his features blurring and darkening. This is obviously one of his other forms. Marcus was intending to destroy the man's energy, so he can't see what it is. He doesn't even know how long the transformation will take -- he usually relies on his sense for that sort of thing. He has heard of fae that can become living shadows though, and he guesses its one of these. And the guy is changing forms quickly-- another second or so and he'll be running around as a shadow instead of fading back onto a wall. And Jake has carefully given himself room along the wall to retreat from further attacks.

Rolls:
Attack Roll (missed due to dodge -- no non-IQ deceptive attack allowed due to trying to not reveal himself, and using the IQ base just makes matter worse).
Occultism (he has no hidden lore for fae)
Per (speed of alternate form change)

Hermit:
Energy: 49 * .8 (written spell) = 41 -15 ER = 26
Path: Mind - skill 15

The message is sent without failure and even without quirks.

OCC: I just realized quick and dirty won't accurately with symbol magic -- rolling away! You have forced me to build a 'RPM' excel worksheet that diminishes the skill at an adjustable rate. It gives me success or failure, crit fail energy, quirks, and time spent. I'm a little pleased with the result.

Brother Man:

"Sure, I can play the game. Better than sitting here."

"I saw the green car again, on the way to school. I thought you'd never come. Today was boring as <explicative>. I skipped school, then realized I was safer there, so I had to hide next to it all day. It was bad man. Sitting all day, you can't leave -- <explicative> awful."

Randal:
Several of the fellows look shady, but the one with the greatest suspicion are the group who dress in styles that conceal the face -- some rather blatantly. they are in a warehouse right next to a Blast Furnace

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote