View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #6
GreatWyrmGold

Default Re: Custom Modular Abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Powers p63 spells out the guidelines for slot costs, from 4 for a "short list" to 7 for "anything". (That page also makes rearrangement time a factor for point multiplier, but not the fixed slot cost.) Rounding on such small integers means the numbers aren't quite compatible with the values for Physical, but they're close. (If "Mental and Skills" are base 4, then +50% Physical Only applied to the base slot cost would be 6, and "Mental or Physical" (+100%) would be 8.)
...So here you display a keen awareness of the exact rules I mentioned in the OP, but only the parts which formed the basis for my questions, and you didn't provide any insight into the questions I asked. (For that matter, you didn't show any awareness that I asked more than "GURPS: Powers lets you create new types of modular abilities?")

Quote:
There is little point in having an MA that's limited to very few abilities. It's actually somewhat difficult for MAs to be cost-effective compared to a collection of abilities in an Alternate Abilities set. The main advantage of MA lies precisely in its open-endedness, able to meet any situation that comes to hand, including the potential for a wide variety of abilities (at least 11 to beat an AA; possibly as many as 46 to match the multiplier for a Cosmic slot).
Which is part of why I asked the second question I asked. Go and read it this time if you want to be helpful.
GreatWyrmGold is offline   Reply With Quote