View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 08:35 PM   #13
Fred Brackin

Default Re: GURPS 4e books with real-world tank stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
From past discussions, I believe that the GURPS WWII books from 3e have crucial inconsistencies with general statting. And I think there's a 3e/4e conversion consideration on HP, but IDK if that's difficult.
There is a general difference in HP due to basic philosophies between 3e and 4e. The slotution would be to assign 4e HP based on mass whihc is probab;ly pretty easily determined.

The hard part about conversion is that the WWII books are the only Gurps books I know post High Tech 1e where 25m of RHA does not equal DR70. The WWII figures are higher but not by a simple proportion.

I have heard that this was done deliberately because the tank guns were overpenetrating the armor. I'd have nerfed the guns myself.

A multi-step conversion process where you convert the G:WWII DRs to mm of RHA and then convert that to standard Gurps might be possible but it would be a lot of work and then the guns might be wrong.

It might be simpler to find a non-game sourcebook that listed armor thicknesses in mm of RHA and then derive Gurps DRs from that.