View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #20
hal

Default Re: Advice sought for fleshing out a major villian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwcamp View Post
If you want to beat 'em, eat 'em.

Luke
I find that the concept parallels Dexter, although I've not watched Dexter. Having the press announce the name of Donner Kid or perhaps some other name - I'm tempted to give the character the first name of Luke. With my list of names from THE EVERYONE EVERYWHERE LIST - it shouldn't be hard to come up with something.

The encounter with the Donner Kid almost writes itself as far as the player might be concerned...

"Suddenly, without warning, an overwhelming feeling of electrocution with its characteristic seizing of the muscles in a painful locking sensation overwhelms you. Darkness descends. <after an unknown time> you begin to feel some sort of sensation, first your hearing returns, and slowly, awareness seeps in of every single ache your body is experiencing. The feeling that a local marching band used your body for a practice field is too painful to ignore - but what is even harder to ignore is that shrill annoying sonic like drone in your ear. Trying to make it go away, what ever it is, results in a voice being heard as if from far away "Good, you're awake. Don't panic if it feels like you can't move. You're strapped into a frame with a lie detector device attached. There is also a stomach acid analysis unit that has been pushed through to your throat, so, please, don't feel you have to talk. All we're going to do is a word association like test. Your responses to the questions will either confirm or deny the issue, as the questions will all be yes/no questions. You may have heard of me by now, as the Donner Kid. Unless you fit a very specialized criteria, you're off the menu so to speak.

Do you have any friends?
Do you know of any of your friends who have committed Felonies?
Have you committed a felony?
Do you suspect that your friends may have committed a felony?
Is your friend a Man?
Is your friend under the age of 18?
Have you ever shot an unarmed man?
Do you know of anyone who has shot an unarmed man?

Well, those questions are enough. Our organization will be in contact with you in the future. If you are sent Black Roses - I would suggest that you show up at the Town Hall fountain by 3 PM. Failure to do as instructed will result on you becoming the guest of honor at our next banquet. Oh, one final question. You don't have a nickname like Meatloaf or anything like that do you? We don't want to be gauche and emulate a scene from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. What, you don't know of it? Pity."

Whether the player character goes to the authorities and relays this to them would be interesting enough, but as I've told my player in the past, if He's not yet paranoid, I'm not going my job...

;)
hal is offline   Reply With Quote