View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 10:06 AM   #8
Magicwillnz

Default Re: Does Lucifer still serve light?

Quote:
I have trouble believing that. In In Nomine at least. It isn't selfish enough. He gains nothing. Ruling a universe of darkness isn't a huge gain. Killing the Symphony achieves nothing, it doesn't help him, ruling the symphony on the other hand ... that is selfish.
Lucifer in my opinion is not any kind of human sort of evil. Like all Balseraphs he wants to enforce his will on the Symphony so that he's the one dictating truth. He doesn't need to "rule" over anything, once everything is gone only his will exists, pure and uninterrupted. He doesn't like Hell or other Demons either, since it's not an extension of his Will.

Lucifer doesn't want a "world" of darkness, he wants ONLY darkness, where he can be alone with his selfish Will. Lucifer is essentially committing a reverse suicide, removing himself from the universe by destroying it, simply because it doesn't fit in with his selfish worldview. Lucifer is committing the SUPREME act of selfishness.

As for whether Lucifer is a tool of God, he could very well be, but I doubt he is consciously serving God.
Magicwillnz is offline   Reply With Quote