View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 10:26 AM   #29
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Living off making New Inventions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsua View Post
I roll Finance at -22, fail for 3 or more (-2), then roll Finance again and success by 3 or more (+1). Then I roll Propaganda at -22 and fail (-1), so I need to roll again and I get to success (+0). I sum that all up (-2+1-1+0=-2) and I lower the maximum and minimum outcome by two steps. Had I failed by 3 or more again that would be (-2+1-1-2=-4) making the financial rounds and the advertising campaigns such failures that the invention is unsaleable or I lost any rights over it. Then I throw a regular roll of Merchant and starting from 7 to a maximum of 300 I get a success by 4, so I count four steps: 7 (+0), 10 (+1), 15 (+2), 20 (+3), 30 (+4). Then I multiply 30 by 100.000.000 and thatīs the result, $3.000.000.000.

Huh. ok, I think I understand what you're proposing. A few questions:

Why are we taking the finance roll at -22? thats the penalty for inventing something, not financing or advertising it.

Rolling until you succeed is an interesting mechanic. I'd keep each failure at a -1 for simplicity, but that's just me.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote